Re: recovery_connections cannot start - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: recovery_connections cannot start
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>   The only workable
> alternative I can see to keeping archive_mode is to tell people to
> set archive_command to something like /usr/bin/true ... which is not
> simpler, especially not on Windows.

Would it be possible to have "internal" commands there, as for example
cd is in my shell, or test, or time, or some more ?

That would allow for providing a portable /usr/bin/true command as far
as archiving is concerned (say, pg_archive_bypass), and will allow for
providing a default archiving command in the future, like "pg_archive_cp
/location" or something.

Regards,
--
dim