Re: time-delayed standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: time-delayed standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Some actions aren't even transactional, such as DROP DATABASE, amongst
>>
>> Good point.  We'd probably need to add a timestamp to the drop
>> database record, as that's a case that people would likely want to
>> defend against with this feature.
>
> This means that recovery_target_* code would also need to deal with
> DROP DATABASE case.

there is no problem if you use "restore point" names... but of course
you lose flexibility (ie: you can't restore to 5 minutes before now)

mmm... a lazy idea: can't we just create a restore point wal record
*before* we actually drop the database? then we won't need to modify
logic about recovery_target_* (if it is only DROP DATABASE maybe that's
enough about complicating code) and we can provide that protection since
9.1

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL