Re: Aggregate function API versus grouping sets - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Aggregate function API versus grouping sets
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom> Another approach would be to remove AggGetPerAggEContext as suchTom> from the API altogether, and instead offer an
interfacethatTom> says "register an aggregate cleanup callback", leaving it to theTom> agg/window core code to figure
outwhich context to hang thatTom> on.  I had thought that exposing this econtext and theTom> per-input-tuple one would
provideuseful generality, but maybeTom> we should rethink that.

>> Works for me.
Tom> If we're going to do that, I think it needs to be in 9.4.  AreTom> you going to work up a patch?

Do we want a decision on the fn_extra matter first, or shall I do one
patch for the econtext, and a following one for fn_extra?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)