Re: genetic algorithm in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: genetic algorithm in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
iafmgc@unileon.es writes:
>  I would like to know if you have any sample program, or simple
> query optimization which I could start playing around with, to show
> the optimization posibilities of genetic algorithms in PostgreSQL.

Well, the code for the GEQO implementation in PostgreSQL is open --
you can just take a look at that. I'm not aware of any simpler
versions, unfortunately.

>  If this is not possible, If you dont mind please give me any
> further links that could be interesting for me.

There's some literature on the subject that you should probably read:
   http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/bennett91genetic.html   http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/stillger96genetic.html

If you're unfamiliar with database query optimization itself, I found
this to be a good survey of the field:
   http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/371707.html

Cheers,

Neil