genetic algorithm in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From iafmgc@unileon.es
Subject genetic algorithm in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,
I am Spanish student of Computer Science. I have read through the
part of the postgreSQL documentacion about genetic query optimization
in PostgreSQL.
I am following a Genetic Algorithms course at my University. I have
to do an assigment giving an example of optimization with genetic
algorithms, and my teacher suggested me to do it using databases, but
actually he does not know very much about this. I have done some kind of research from the references given in the
docs
and get as much information I had available (mostly from the Berkeley web
site), but I dont get examples and information for a newbie in this kind
of matters.
I would like to know if you have any sample program, or simple query
optimization which I could start playing around with, to show the
optimization posibilities of genetic algorithms in PostgreSQL.
If this is not possible, If you dont mind please give me any further
links that could be interesting for me.
Many thanks in advance.
Miguel