Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Date
Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Richard Huxton" <dev@archonet.com> writes:

> Well the cost depends on where/how complex the extra fields are. If you're just
> talking about adding columns usercol01..NN with different types and possibly a
> lookup to a single client_attributes table, it's not difficult.

And then what? dynamically construct all your SQL queries?
Sure, sounds like a simple solution to me...