Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> I agree with the comments to the effect that this is really a packaging
> and documentation problem.  There is no need for us to re-invent the
> existing solutions, but there is a need for making sure that they are
> readily available and people know when to use them.

On this topic, I think we're getting back to the idea of having non-core
daemon helpers that should get "supervised" the way postmaster already
does with backends wrt starting and stoping them at the right time.

So a supervisor daemon with a supervisor API that would have to support
autovacuum as a use case, then things like pgagent, PGQ and pgbouncer,
would be very welcome.

What about starting a new thread about that? Or you already know you
won't want to push the extensibility of PostgreSQL there?

Regards,
--
dim