Re: Another swing at JSON - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Another swing at JSON
Date
Re: Another swing at JSON
Re: Another swing at JSON
List pgsql-hackers
> Why are you worrying with the non-PGXS build chain anyway?  Just assume
> that the module is going to be built with PGXS and things should just
> work.
>
> We've gone over this a dozen times in the past.

+1

I'm not sure why we still support the pre-PGXS build recipe in the
contrib Makefiles, and didn't want to change that as part as the
extension patch series, but I think we should reconsider.

This and removing module_pathname in the control files to just use
$libdir/contrib in the .sql files.  That would set a better example to
people who want to make their own extensions, as the general case is
that those will not get into contrib.

I think we should lower the differences between contrib and external
extensions, so that contrib is only about who maintains the code and
distribute the extension.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine