Re: Oracle vs PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: Oracle vs PG
Date
List pgsql-general

> On 10/23/18 12:58 PM, Ravi Krishna wrote:
>
>> Well it is Aurora.
>>
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/23/amazon-move-off-oracle-caused-prime-day-outage-in-warehouse.html
>>

> Since the article was almost content-free I not would use it on either
> side of the argument. The only thing I pulled from it was Amazon
> changed databases and hit the learning curve. That will happen in
> either direction.

Yeah and kudos to them for taking a chance.

I assume what revenue they lost during the incident will be made back
thousands of times over when/if they can avoid paying what it likely an
absurd cost to licence the $big-commercial-db.

FWIW

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting