Re: notify/listen disappearing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: notify/listen disappearing data
Date
List pgsql-general
"Sim Zacks" <sim@compulab.co.il> writes:

> select version()
> "PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 3.3.5  (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5-r1,
ssp-3.3.2-3,pie-8.7.7.1)"

Several of the bugs listed in the 13 bug-fix releases which follow this one
relate to tuple visibility bugs and data corruption bugs. I would suggest you
first update to the latest bug-fix release for this version before even trying
to debug anything further.

I'm not sure any of them are necessarily causing this problem but even if
they're not it's only a matter of time before they do something bad to your
data.

--
  Gregory Stark