Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/29/21 8:51 AM, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 at 11:22, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net
> <mailto:andrew@dunslane.net>> wrote:
>
>     Personally, I would have written this as just "up to date", I don't
>     think the hyphens are required.
>

> FWIW Mirriam-Webster and the CED suggest "up-to-date" when before a
> noun, so the changes should be "up-to-date answer" but "are up to date".
>
> https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/up-to-date
> <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/up-to-date>

Interesting, thanks. My (admittedly old) Concise OED only has the
version with spaces, while my (also old) Collins Concise has the
hyphenated version. I learn something new every day, no matter how trivial.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan