Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Yeah, but there are already a number of things in 8.4 that are killer
> features for various applications --- window functions and WITH to take
> two recently-committed examples.  Should we sit on those for however
> long it will take to make replication release-worthy?

Do we know it's not release-worthy now? From what I see Heikki is proposing
refactorings which improve the code but hasn't found anything actually broken.
I'm all for cleaner simpler code -- especially in critical backup processes
since simpler means safer -- but just because there are better ways to do
things doesn't mean the current code isn't acceptable.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!