Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
After a long battle with technology, bruce@momjian.us (Bruce Momjian), an earthling, wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> > Josh,

>> > Keep in mind that many/most booth people *are* volunteers, so we can't be
>> > jerks about it.  Ultimately, we need them more than they need us, and often
>> > it's all we can do to get a booth fully staffed.
>>
>> Well of course. I think more to the point would be:
>>
>> No Command Prompt, Inc/EnterpriseDB shirts...
>>
>> However, I doubt that any volunteer is going to have a problem. I
>> mean they did volunteer for a reason ;)
>
> How do you handle commercial booth staff who want to help in the
> booth for a while?  I like the consistent look idea, but the
> exclusion thing seems odd.

The point is that since it's an .ORG booth, the purpose is to promote
the .ORG activity.

If EnterpriseDB wants to staff a booth, it's entirely proper to pay
for one; to use the .ORG booth to promote EnterpriseDB isn't.

This isn't "be mean to EnterpriseDB Day;" the point is that there's a
fine line between proper use and "less proper use," and if you want to
stay *clearly* on the proper side of the line, wearing commercial
advertising (e.g. - Command Prompt shirts) isn't going to look
exemplary.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/lisp.html