Re: New tzdata available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: New tzdata available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:

>> Be fair --- the USA did give us a couple years' notice.
>
> Not for the latest changes, IIRC.

It didn't match my recollection either. But apparently Tom is almost right.
The Energy Policy Act of 2005 established the new rules. It was introduced
April 18th in the House and signed August 8th. The first effect it had was
April 1st 2007, just slightly less than 2 years after being introduced.

Of course any change to timezone rules has effects immediately for people
dealing with future dates so it isn't clear how to judge the amount of
warning.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication
support!