Re: Differentiating different Open Source databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Nasby, Jim
Subject Re: Differentiating different Open Source databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On May 16, 2011, at 5:09 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> "Nasby, Jim" <JNasby@enovafinancial.com> writes:
>> An opinion I often run across when talking to database people who haven't
>> dealt with Postgres is "open source databases aren't very good". In all
>
> Well I'm not sure how closely related/relevant it is, but I find more
> and more people thinking they should take the NoSQL pill because frankly
> you only get so far with Oracle and MySQL.
>
> They should also hear the message that PostgreSQL is quite another
> beast, and its role into your software architecture can be very
> different from those first two.  Because of technical facts and also
> licencing policies, of course.

Do we have any contacts at magazines or other publications? Is there a way we could get some kind of article published?

Also, does anyone know any recent hard-core converts (I suppose we can ask on -general). Perhaps we could do a series
ofinterviews of people that used to think "OSS databases are toys" and have changed their minds...
--
Jim "Decibel!" Nasby jnasby@EnovaFinancial.com
Primary: 512-579-9024     Backup: 512-569-9461