Re: NetBSD "Bad address" failure (was Re: Third call for platform testing) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Subject Re: NetBSD "Bad address" failure (was Re: Third call for platform testing)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> > I think this is indisputably a bug in (some versions of) NetBSD.
>
> I forgot to mention a possible contributing factor: the files involved
> were NFS-mounted, in the case I was looking at.  So this may be an NFS
> problem more than a NetBSD problem.  Anyone want to try the given test
> case on NFS-mounted files on other systems?

I can verify, that with NetBSD-current on sparc, your test code works
the way you want it to on local disk, but fails (in the way you've
observed), if the target file is on an NFS-mounted file system.

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.