Re: NetBSD "Bad address" failure (was Re: Third call for platform testing) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NetBSD "Bad address" failure (was Re: Third call for platform testing)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I think this is indisputably a bug in (some versions of) NetBSD.  If I
> can seek past the end of file, read() shouldn't consider it a hard error
> to read there --- and in any case, EFAULT isn't a very reasonable error
> code to return.  Since it seems not to be a widespread problem, I'm not
> eager to change the hash code to try to avoid it.

I forgot to mention a possible contributing factor: the files involved
were NFS-mounted, in the case I was looking at.  So this may be an NFS
problem more than a NetBSD problem.  Anyone want to try the given test
case on NFS-mounted files on other systems?