Re: where to put NO_MKTIME_BEFORE_1970? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: where to put NO_MKTIME_BEFORE_1970?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Is /src/include/port/linux.h the correct place to put this or should
> something more specific to Red Hat 7.3 be used (and if so, any ideas
> about how to detect that Red Hat 7.3 is being used)?

Really what we need is a test on the glibc version, which seems a
bit difficult.  I am half inclined to put in a configure test that
actually checks whether mktime will work on pre-1970 dates ... but
I dunno if Peter will hold still for that.  In any case we don't
currently have a mechanism for reflecting whatever configure would
discover into the resultmap.