Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 8/7/17 16:21, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Even MongoDB has ICU support these days. They specifically document
> which collations are supported. It's just the same for DB2, and other
> systems that build their collations on ICU. Users do not "use the ICU
> collations" on these other systems. They simply use the collations
> that are available, choosing from a list in the documentation, or
> possibly create their own collations with their own customization.

We cannot know what versions of ICU or a C library users would build
PostgreSQL with, so I don't see how we can provide a definite list of
available locales, other than at run time like we do now.