Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general

Christopher>  3) Building templates with embedded code is much
Christopher> easier/more intuitive in PHP than Perl.

Did you look at Apache::Template and Template-Toolkit?  The work in
that area has really become a PHP killer for me.  If you did, and still
have the opinion you have, I'd be curious.

I agree with your general observation: Raw Perl for people who could
or want to code in PHP is probably the wrong solution.

But the combination of Perl for the heavy lifting, and the
TT2-minilanguage for the "designers" and casual use, is a very
hard-to-beat combo, in my observation.