Re: postmaster slowing down - Mailing list pgsql-general

From surabhi.ahuja
Subject Re: postmaster slowing down
Date
List pgsql-general
Answer to Question 1:

I forgot to mention this:
before i start running this program (refer to the mail below)
I clean up (rm -rf) and create the data directory (PGDATA, by doing initdb)
then i create the 4 tables (stored procedures etc)

and then run the program
Please see that I am not doing any deletes its just the inserts going on.
I guess I wont have to do a vacuum? Am i right.
I am not doing analyze currently, how frequently should I be doing it, I mean what factors should I consider to decide how frequently I should do it.

Answer to Question 2:

the program do not take any input .
When its slow how do i know if the cpu is slow or not?
(sorry i am asking again)

thanks,
regards
Surabhi