Re: patch for parallel pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch for parallel pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Possibly we could move assert.c into src/port/ and make it part of
>> libpgport?

> The trouble is that it calls write_stderr(), which has a non-trivial
> implementation on Windows that I don't believe will be suitable for
> front-end code.  If we can find a reasonable way to work around that
> issue then I think that would work.

Well, if we don't have a solution to that problem then it's premature
to propose making Assert available to frontend code.  So my opinion
is that that idea is too half-baked to be pushing into 9.2 at this
time.  Let's put it on the to-do list instead.