Re: Trying to auto start Postgres when server boots up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rama krishna
Subject Re: Trying to auto start Postgres when server boots up
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/6/06, Shahid Butt <Shahid.Butt@nccedu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 7.4.7 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
>
> I want to start the Postgres Postmaster automatically when the server
> boots up.
> I have tried putting the command
> "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/server.log start"
> In the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but when the server boots up it gets
> stuck at the point "Enabling swap space   [OK]".
> Usually the Red Hat desktop would come up but it doesn't.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Regards,
>
> Shahid Butt
> IT Systems Developer
>
> shahid.butt@nccedu.com

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

 You use the command 'ntsysv' in the terminal of u'r linux
 This command will display all the services which are to start when
the system boots up.
 You select 'postgresql' with the help of spacebar and then select 'ok'.