Question regarding Hibernate ORDER BY issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Valerie Cole
Subject Question regarding Hibernate ORDER BY issue
Date
Re: Question regarding Hibernate ORDER BY issue  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
List pgsql-general

Hello

I have a problem and am pretty sure Hibernate is the culprit but was wondering if anybody knew of a fix.  We are working on legacy code and converted a class from Hibernate 2 xml mappings to Hibernate 3 with annotations.  On one of the One To Many attributes we have used the @OrderBy(“displayPosition”).  The SQL generated by Hibernate outputs the column name as DisplayPosition with no quoting, and Postgres kicks back an error saying the column does not exist.  Our tables/columns have all been created with quotes and must be accessed with quotes (I don’t know if that is the norm, I am somewhat of a Postgres newb).  I have been Googling for about an hour and unable to come up with anything, so I thought I would drop a line.

Thanks,

V. Cole

Valerie Cole

Technical Services