Re: Error in pgAdmin II - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error in pgAdmin II
Date
List pgadmin-support

<snip>

Hi,

There are a number of things to check to fix this error:

1) Can you ping the server from the workstation. If so, then your network is
OK, if not then you will need to sort that out.
2) Is PostgreSQL running and accepting tcp/ip connections? Make sure that
the postmaster is started with the -I option to enable this.
3) Check the host & port number on the pgAdmin II login dialogue. The port
defaults to 5432 (as does PostgreSQL), but if you've specified something
else on the server then you must specify it here as well.

> Hope you could give me some advice asap, I'm tired of doing
> everything via CLI. My expectation with pgAdmin II is that I
> could administer my PostGresSQL database on Linux at my
> desktop pc and that it would be via GUI (coz i'm the
> VisualBoy) like the enterprise manager of MS-SQL Server or
> the Sybase Central of ASE.

Sound's like pgAdmin II is exactly the tool you want!

Let me know how you get on,

Regards, Dave.