RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow... - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Dave Page
Subject RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

No, I'm afraid not, only experience. I run PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on Slackware
Linux 7.1 for about 25 users using about 5 different databases, plus it logs
5 webservers and 2 busy PBX event logs, and even when that system was
running on a 128Mb 450MHz PIII (it's since been upgraded) it was
*significantly* faster than 7.x.x on Cygwin on my W2K PIII 850Mhz laptop
with 128Mb, with only me using it whilst developing pgAdmin (which is done
on the Slackware box when I'm in the office so it's not the different use
slowing it down).

But like I said, your efforts are very much appreciated, without them, there
are 15,000+ (seriously - my fingers hurt!) lines of code for the new version
of pgAdmin that wouldn't have been written.

Regards, Dave.