Re: More SSL crash woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More SSL crash woes
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Amiel <jamiel@istreamimaging.com> writes:
> Now their are 2 subscriber nodes that connect to this node for slony
> replication...
> One is running the same version (libssl 0.9.8e) but one is running
> 0.9.7e-p1 2.
> could this be an issue?

Seems unlikely, that would mean that openssl failed to preserve a
compatible on-the-wire protocol across versions ...

> Is there something wrong with the way we build/install libssl?

That's what I'm suspecting at this point, but I've got too little
acquaintance with the Solaris world to guess what it is.

One idea: you are linking to /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so, but is
it possible that when you compile PG it is finding the header files
for some other version?

            regards, tom lane