Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On May 5, 2014, at 6:43 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> We need a theme and a slogan for the 9.4 release in order to reach a lot
> of developers.  That is, something which summarizes what the 9.3 release
> is "about".
>
> Since I'm completely out of ideas, I've convinced Mark Wong to donate
> one of his irresistable Chelniks as a prize for whomever can come up
> with a good, catchy theme and slogan idea for the 9.4 release which we
> can pick and run with.  You don't need to design the art for this, just
> provide the text and some ideas.
>
> Chelnik:  http://pdxpug.wordpress.com/category/chelnik/
>
> Example good themes include:
>
> 9.0: Replication Made Easy
>
> 9.2: Racecar-like Performance

Not saying I like all (if any) of these ideas, but:

* 9.4:  Your Relational Database, Reimagined
    - PostgreSQL 9.4 gives you the flexibility of efficiently storing and retrieving JSON along with the security of
thepast 15+ years of relational database development

* NoSQL + YeSQL = PostgreSQL 9.4

* Flexible, Fast, and Reliable - PostgreSQL 9.4

Jonathan