Re: Refactor compile-time assertion checks for C/C++ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Refactor compile-time assertion checks for C/C++
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, should we add a reference about both in the new comment?  I would
> actually not add them, so I have used your suggestion in the attached,
> but the comment block above does that for _Static_assert().  Do you
> think it is better to add some references to some of those compilers
> (say GCC 4.3, MSVC)?  Just stick with your suggestion?  Or stick with
> your version and replace the reference to GCC 4.6 with something like
> "recent compilers"?

I don't feel a need to expend a whole lot of sweat there.  The existing
text is fine, it just bugged me that the code deals with three cases
while the comment block only acknowledged two.  So I'd just go with
what you have in v3.