Re: make world and install-world without docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: make world and install-world without docs
Date
Re: make world and install-world without docs  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/2/21 4:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm inclined to agree with Alvaro that the messages are at best an
>> oddity. Standard Unix practice is to be silent on success.
> We've been steadily moving towards less chatter during builds.
> I'd be good with dropping these messages in HEAD, but doing so
> in the back branches might be inadvisable.

OK, I think on reflection new targets will be cleaner. What I suggest is
the attached, applied to all branches, followed by removal of the four
noise messages in just HEAD.

cheers

andrew

--