Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Campano, Troy
Subject Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Sql*Net is Oracle's network layer for their database.
In version 8 it was called Net8 and in version 9 it's now called "Oracle
Net".

Thanks!
Troy Campano
Liberty Mutual
Infrastructure Software Engineering
Database Management

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Csaba Nagy
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 12:28 PM
To: mark.cubitt@applegate.co.uk
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

One of our test boxes runs a full installation of: Oracle, Postgres,
MySql. Other than swapping if they are all used at the same time (and
the resulting slowdown), it works fine.
Actually what is SQLNet ? Whatever it might be, I suppose it can't be
bigger than a full Oracle DB install...

Cheers,
Csaba.