Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe I'm just not playful enough, but keeping a platform alive so we
> can run postgres in simulator seems a bit, well, pointless.

True --- an actual machine would be more useful, even if slower.  Some
of the existing buildfarm critters are pretty slow already, so that's
not a huge hindrance AFAIK.

> That's probably something we should fix independently though. One of the
> failures was:
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mt" <builtin>: recipe for
>> target 'thread.o' failed
> which I don't really understand - we actually test all that in
> acx_pthread.m4?

Yeah.  We'd need to look at the relevant part of config.log to be sure,
but my guess is that configure tried that switch, failed to recognize
that it wasn't actually working, and seized on it as what to use.
Maybe the test-for-workingness isn't quite right for this platform.