Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/3/17 10:07, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Will users really understand that the PUBLISH right actually allows
> complete access to the entire relation, rather than just the ability for
> a user to PUBLISH what they are currently about to SELECT?  It certainly
> doesn't seem intuitive to me, which is why I am concerned that it's
> going to lead to confusion and bug/security reports down the road, or,
> worse, poorly configured systems.

Well, this is a new system with its own properties, which is why I'm
proposing a new way to manage access.  If it were just the same as the
existing stuff, we wouldn't need this conversation.  I'm interested in
other ideas.