Re: lz4 --rm on Ubuntu 18.04 (Add LZ4 compression to pg_dump) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: lz4 --rm on Ubuntu 18.04 (Add LZ4 compression to pg_dump)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/8/23 20:20, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 8 Mar 2023, at 18:55, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> 18.04 will be EOL in a few weeks so it might be ok to just say it's
>> not supported, but removing the input file manually after calling lz4
>> would be an easy fix.
>
> Is it reasonable to expect that this version of LZ4 can/will appear on any
> other platform outside of archeology?  Removing the file manually would be a
> trivial way to stabilize but if it's only expected to happen on platforms which
> are long since EOL by the time 16 ships then the added complication could be
> hard to justify.

IMO we should fix that. We have a bunch of buildfarm members running on
Ubuntu 18.04 (or older) - it's true none of them seems to be running TAP
tests. But considering how trivial the fix is ...

Barring objections, I'll push a fix early next week.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company