Re: Release Notes Archive Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Release Notes Archive Patch
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2/13/19 10:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>> All of the above are now fixed. Attached is v2 of the patch. I've also
>> attached a couple of screenshots so you can see how it looks.
>> IMV this is ready to go, but would like some review and/or additional
>> testing prior to pushing.
>
> The patch doesn't convey a lot to my mind, so I have to ask: exactly
> what URLs would this present?

I'm a bit confuse by the question, so I'll answer it from two angles.

WRT loading the release notes themselves, basically it is using the data
found in the current doc imports. Often in the release notes, there are
URLs either to older release notes (like in the top line) or various
features/sections of the documentation (e.g. a GUC, a SQL command, etc.)

Within these notes themselves, all the URLs should work.

The patch also introduces a new set of URLs to present the release
notes, of the format:

/docs/release/11.2/
/docs/release/11.1/
/docs/release/11.0/

/docs/release/9.6.2/
/docs/release/9.6.1/
/docs/release/9.6.0/

(and some ugliness in the old ones, which I could maybe adjust, but for
now):

/docs/release/1.9/
/docs/release/1.2/
/docs/release/1.1/
/docs/release/1.0/
/docs/release/0.3/
/docs/release/0.1/

> Does it do anything to respond to
> Andres' complaint that existing relnote pages will vanish?

Yes. All the relnotes are now in this archive.

Please let me know if any of the above is unclear.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment