Re: Error starting service on Win2k - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Conal Tuohy
Subject Re: Error starting service on Win2k
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That is an interesting note. I've never seen "Power Users" contain
> Authenticated Users on any system I've installed, but the=20
> page certainly
> claims it.=20
> However, it makes no claim about Windows XP that I can see. Only about
> Windows 2000, and it shows the difference for the server platform.

The second link in my earlier email mentioned WinXP Professional, which is =
the same as Win2k Professional in this regard, so it is definitely still a =
current issue:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/=
proddocs/en-us/windows_security_differences.asp

Probably most serious use of pg would be on a "Server" version of the OS, b=
ut there are probably a lot more boxes out there running "Professional", so=
 I'd expect it to come up quite often all the same, especially (as for me) =
when people are first evaluating the software.

Cheers

Con