Re: Looking for someone to graphic design 9.4 flyer - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jason Petersen
Subject Re: Looking for someone to graphic design 9.4 flyer
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Feb 26, 2015, at 7:20 AM, Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:

As much as I like the "NoSQL on ACID"

I also thought the slogan was great and stickers with the design very attractive. Attractive enough that I grabbed a bunch at the last meetup and still had a bunch of them in my backpack while waiting in line at customs to return from a vacation in the Dominican Republic last week. Only then did I realize:

  • Most people, and probably especially border officers, will not think of databases when they see “ACID”

  • The pastel colors and elephant, while attractive, are pretty clear about their inspiration

  • Blotting paper or stickers make a great delivery mechanism for that other definition

While I relished the thought of explaining the principles of a relational database to the friendly airport staff I was relieved when I got through the line without having my bag searched.

So: great design! Maybe too great for the paranoid among us? :-P

—Jason

Attachment