Is my db dead ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dawmette@gmail.com
Subject Is my db dead ?
Date
List pgsql-general
My server crashed yesterday, the hd was saved though and I was able to
get a copy of the data directory of my pg cluster. On the server now,
when I start pg, I can see only like 1% of my data, there are many dbs/
tables and rows missing. But the data dir seems ok in size though. So
I copied the whole data dir to a new serv, installed the same pg
version but now I can't get it started at all. There are some weird
things in the pg_controldata :

pg_control last modified:             Tue 03 Sep 6869 17:57:36 CET
Time of latest checkpoint:            Thu 11 Jan 1116953 03:46:31 CET
LC_COLLATE:
LC_CTYPE:

So now I can't start the server because of the blank locale :

Starting PostgreSQL 8.1 database server: main* Error: The server must
be started under the locale : which does not exist any more.

Soo... Is there a chance for me to see again my data ? What can I do
to fix this ?
Thanks for any suggestions