Re: postgresql rising - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: postgresql rising
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill,

Suing someone is not the real reason.  It's the excuse given to one's
boss.  The real reason is the "Nobody ever got fired for using IBM"
mentality.

"Nobody ever got fired for using IBM" - today it is translated to (Oracle|Microsoft)

And it may still be true. But it gives you only half the story: IF the tools somebody buys for his company do not allow that company to stay competitive, market will decide. And using databases from O or I or M just eats some money - that other companies who use the Elephant that never forgets don't have to spend. So, in the long run, buying O or I or M can get you out of job because of "THE MARKET" dealing with your company, which is not effective enough anymore.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare