Re: Subscription Mess... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry LeVan
Subject Re: Subscription Mess...
Date
List pgsql-general

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@gmail.com>
> Date: May 11, 2010 9:52:21 AM EDT
> To: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org general" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
>
> Please excuse the intrusion...
>
> Last week, my subscription to pgsql-general quit coming to my mailbox...
>
> I logged into my account at postgresql.org and it showed that I was
> stilled subscribed.
>
> In desperation I changed my email address ( to my gmail account) and the subscription started
> arriving again.
>
> While this was happening I switched over to imap for my home network....
>
> When I try to read the digests on my Fedora boxen, the actual message
> content is missing from many of the messages (but all of the headers are
> present).
>
> I thought that perhaps Evolution ( the mail client in Fedora 12) might
> be having problems parsing the digest so I tried logging back into
> my postgresql account to see if there is a plain text option for the digest.
>
> Unfortunately the postgresql mail system will not let me login. It claims
> that the credentials are not valid.
>
> When I ask the mail system to send instructions on changing the password
> to my address, it says it sent mail but nothing ever arrives ( I even
> tried my old address but again nothing ever arrives...)...
>
> I just got another digest while composing this message...
>
> I *can* read the digest on my mac and I can use a browser to see the
> digest at gmail.com.
>
> How can I get control of my account again?
>
> Are there any options that perhaps would work so evolution can properly
> display the digests?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Ok,

I think I was trying to do a "Community Login" when in fact I wanted to
login to Majordomo.

I think trying to get to the Majordomo login page is obscure at best...

Anyway there appear to be 3 options for digests, indexed, mime, and plain text.

Mime does not appear to work for Evolution in Fedora 12.

I have reset to indexed format to see if that works better ( and still works on the mac).

Sorry for the noise.

Jerry