Re: pgsql and Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: pgsql and Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 30, 2007, at 16:20 , Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Tom> /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/rmdb.bundle/bin/
> psql
>
> That's not on my mac.  Must be some bolt-on you installed.

Apple Remote Desktop uses PostgreSQL as it's data store (at least
through version 2). I believe it's PostgreSQL 7.3, so the psql binary
isn't going to be much use in connecting to newer PostgreSQL servers,
and in any event I'm pretty sure the Remote Desktop installation does
not include the libraries necessary to build the Perl modules, even
if they were up to date. Better just to install via MacPorts or even
from source: it builds pretty easily on Mac OS X.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net