Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Laszlo Nagy, )
 Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Robert Schnabel, )
  Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Laszlo Nagy, )
 Re: Why is my stats collector so busy?  (Tom Lane, )

Laszlo Nagy <> writes:
> On a 8 processor system, my stats collector is always at 100% CPU.
> 8.3.5 on FreeBSD 7.0 amd64

Hmm.  How many tables in the installation?  Or perhaps more to the
point, how large is $PGDATA/global/pgstat.stat?  It might be that
it's just spending too much time dumping out that file.  There's
a fix for that planned for 8.4 ...

            regards, tom lane