Re: \i and \ir separated by \if now... - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \i and \ir separated by \if now...
Date
List pgsql-docs
"Vianello, Daniel A" <Daniel.Vianello@charter.com> writes:
>> Uh, why would we list \ir before the simpler \i?

> So that the request is to merge \ir into the \i section (not before \i but part of that discusstion) rather than
beingseparated by the comparatively longer section for \if

It was, in fact, like that initially.  Peter E. changed it in commit
0d9bdbcaae0, without any discussion that I remember seeing.  I've never
been very happy with "alphabetical order trumps all other considerations"
as a documentation rule, and this seems like a good example of why not.

            regards, tom lane