Re: how many connections can i use???? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: how many connections can i use????
Date
List pgsql-general
"Edmundo Robles L." <erobles@sensacd.com.mx> writes:
> I have a problem with the number of connections on postgres 7.2.1,

egad ... the number of known bugs in that would curl your toes.
Think about an upgrade.  Do more than just think about it.

> I changed  the  parameters line   of postmaster to  "-N 128 -B 256" , "
> -N 256  -B 512", etc;  even  modified  the max_connections and
> shared_buffers on  postgresql.conf but  i  only got 100 connections :-(

You sure you restarted the postmaster?

> Operative system: SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

double egad (and a bit at odds with your sig...)

            regards, tom lane