Re: How to parse xml containing optional elements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to parse xml containing optional elements
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Thank you.

> How to upgrade in Debian Squeeze ?
>A plain "apt-get upgrade postgresql-9.1" does not work?
>It might help to enable the postgresql.org APT repository. For
>instructions, see here:
>https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/

apt-get upgrade postgresql-9.1 returns

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
openssl : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1e-2+deb7u5) but it is not
installable
wkhtmltox : Depends: libssl1.0.0 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

so it looks like repository is found but not usable ?

>> How to add IBAN column to result table? This column has same value for
>> all rows.

>SELECT
     endaaa,
     (xpath('ns:Amt/text()', x,nsa))[1]::text::numeric AS tasusumma,
     (xpath('ns:NtryDtls/ns:TxDtls/ns:Refs/ns:EndToEndId/text()',
x,nsa))[1] AS orderinr

FROM (
     SELECT
(xpath('/ns:Document/ns:BkToCstmrStmt/ns:Stmt/ns:Acct/ns:Id/ns:IBAN/text()',
x,nsa))[1] as endaaa,
     unnest(xpath('/ns:Document/ns:BkToCstmrStmt/ns:Stmt/ns:Ntry',
x,nsa)) as x, nsa
     FROM t
) Ntry

>Be careful, this will only work when there is exactly one ns:Stmt element
>in the document.
>Else you will have to build a third query level, first selecting the
>ns:Stmt entries, second the IBAN and Ntry from them and third amount and
>EndToEndId.

Hopefully there is only one Stmt element in single file.

I solved it by moving xpath to select IBAN to main select:

SELECT
(xpath('/ns:Document/ns:BkToCstmrStmt/ns:Stmt/ns:Acct/ns:Id/ns:IBAN/text()',
xo,nsa))[1]::text AS endaaa,
     (xpath('ns:Amt/text()', x,nsa))[1]::text::numeric AS tasusumma,
     (xpath('ns:NtryDtls/ns:TxDtls/ns:Refs/ns:EndToEndId/text()',
x,nsa))[1] AS orderinr

FROM (
     SELECT
     unnest(xpath('/ns:Document/ns:BkToCstmrStmt/ns:Stmt/ns:Ntry',
x,nsa)) as x, nsa, x as xo
     FROM t
) Ntry

This references endaaa from single select only. Changing code requires
changing only one line.

Is this OK ?

Andrus.