Re: JSONB marshalling - Mailing list psycopg

From Guido Notari
Subject Re: JSONB marshalling
Date
List psycopg
Il giorno 24/lug/2014, alle ore 23:05, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> When would this happen? I don't think we can say it's a bugfix and
> it's a change in the adapter behaviour so I think it should be
> released in a future 2.6, which is still unplanned and I don't see
> many new features to release. OTOH PG 9.4 has not been released yet
> and the jsonb oids have never been used in the wild (user-defined
> types get bigger oids, right?) so if there was interest in it we could
> consider its release in 2.5.4, which would be released in a much
> shorter time.

I second the proposal about a 2.5.4 mini-release, with this feature as it’s possibly sole content.
This will permit easy experimentation of the "new" types pretty soon, and avoid burdening the maintainer(s) with long
featurelists in the future.
Anyway, not sooner than full 9.4 release, as you said — no reason to rush, really.

Thanks as always
Guido