Re: [HACKERS] Removing binaries (was: createlang/droplang deprecated) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Removing binaries (was: createlang/droplang deprecated)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/18/2017 09:12 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> createdb, dropdb - also not clear they're about postgres, more likely to
> be used by mistake but not that bad. That said, do they add any *value*
> beyond what you can do with psql -c "CREATE DATABASE"? I don't really
> see one, so I'd suggest dropping these too.

The value they add is that they quote the database name and options
correctly which makes them easier to use safely and reliably in shell
scripts. And unless I am missing something obvious I do not think there
is any easy way for a beginner to do this with just psql.

Andreas