Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2/8/13 10:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ...  I don't object to people using their
>> tools-of-choice to perform reviewing, but we need some way of making
>> sure that the reviews get archived.

> Gerrit sends me an email every times something happens, so I think this
> is not going to be a problem.

As long as it can be persuaded to mail the text of reviews (not just a
notification), that'd probably be all right.

> What it doesn't support AFAICT is sending emails *in*, but I don't see
> that as a requirement.

Meh.  Many of the complaints about the current CF application boil down
to the fact that it doesn't accept email input, so I'm not really
convinced that a different tool that also doesn't accept email input
is going to be a big step forward.