Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> The idea behind having new reviewers take on all the small patches, was,
> of course, to give the main committers more time with patches like
> SEPostgres.  It worked with other stuff (like Windowing and CTE).

Huh?  There were certainly non-committer reviewers for the window
functions and CTE patches.

But the larger point here is that SEPostgres has been around for nearly
two years, and has been submitted into every 8.4 commit fest not just
this last one, and has drawn no noticeable amount of enthusiasm from the
pghacker community.  It's not just a matter of "we haven't gotten to it
yet"; AFAICS no one has wanted to get to it.