Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, time for me to chime in.
>
> I think the outstanding commit-fest items can be broken down into four
> sections:
>
>     o  Log streaming
>     o  Hot standby
>     o  SE-PostgreSQL
>     o  Others
 - snip -

> SE-PostgreSQL has been in steady development for a year so this is the
> time to decide about it.  My feeling is if we don't accept it now, we
> are never going to have SE-Linux or row-level security.  The next week
> should show us the right direction when we start discussion on
> Wednesday, noon GMT.

Hmm...?
This conditional punishment of death seems to me not a reasonable one.
If we can found a matter as a result of discussion, which is impossible
to fix within reasonable term, I'll agree it being postponed to v8.5.
However, why is the punishment of death necessary here?

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>